Whether you are a new climber or seasoned veteran, the GriGri + Belay Device With Anti-Panic is an excellent piece of hardware to have as part of your belay system. Both easy-to-use and easy-to-see, this orange GriGri Plus has a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay and an anti-panic handle. When users pull too hard on the handle, it automatically brakes and stops their descent. This function is perfect for emergency situations or for those who are still learning the ropes. Optimized for ropes with diameters from 8.9 to 10.5 mm, this device can be used with all single ropes. Its reduction handle offers outstanding descent control. The stainless steel wear plate provides the GriGri+ exceptional durability. Plus, the 2017 GriGri + comes standard with a patented switch that allows the user to change the GriGri + setup to alternate between lead climbing and top roping. This is executed with a knob on the reverse side of the device loosens/tightens a spring to make it easier/harder to pay out rope. The GriGri + also comes with an excellent reduction handle for unparalleled smoothness and descent control, as well as the patented Spirit Screw Lock carabiner locking system for added security. At OmniProGear, we are proud to carry the 2017 GriGri + Belay Device With Anti-Panic at an Internet low-price for our customers. Read on to learn more about this device, and order yours with our team today!
Belay device with assisted braking and anti-panic handle, for all single rope diameters
+ is an assisted braking device designed for all climbers and for
intensive use. It can be used with all single ropes (optimized for 8.9
to 10.5 mm diameter ropes). The reduction handle offers exceptional
descent control. Particularly suitable for learning, the GRIGRI + has an
anti-panic handle and a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay.
Item Description and Features
- The GRIGRI + Belay Device With Anti-Panic is designed for indoors and outdoors, for climbers of all ages.
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Can be used with all single ropes, and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Great durability for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Exceptional comfort during the descent, thanks to the very controlled progression of the rope feed
- Especially suitable for learning.
- Anti-panic handle: If the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent
- Special mode facilitates taking slack and provides a comfortable top-rope belay
- Specifications Weight: 200 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
Weight: 200 g
Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced
Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
The Spirit Screw Lock
The Spirit Screw Lock is based on the Spirit carabiner and uses a manual screw-lock locking system. This carabiner is designed for specific applications, for example for use at belay stations. It is very compact, and has an H cross-section to reduce weight, as well as the Keylock system to avoid snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers. It's built-in visual indicator makes it easy to check that carabiner is locked.
Optimized for lightness and durability, the Spirit Screw Lock features:
- A very compact shape ideal for belay stations
- A wider contact section for an improved strength/weight ratio
Easy to use, for efficient handling:
- Visual indicator facilitates checking that the carabiner is locked
- Keylock system helps prevent snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers
- Carabiner designed for better rope glide and to ensure good positioning of the belay device
- Shape adapted for easy use tying or untying of a clove hitch
Spirit Screw-Lock Specifications
- Materials: Aluminum
- Certifications: CE EN 362, CE EC 12275 Type H, UIAA 121
- Weight: 45g
- Locking System: SCREW-LOCK
- Minor axis strength: 23kN
- Major axis strength: 8kN
- Open gate strength: 9kN
- Gate opening: 18mm
- Made in France
- Height: 3.875",
- Width: 2.25",
- Gate Opening: 0.75"