zipSTOP IR Zip Line Brake
The zipSTOP is best brake for your zip line, because of it's advanced magnetic braking technology. The zipSTOP does not require the rider or the guide to initiate braking and will automatically reset after each ride! This hands free braking method minimizes potential for human error. The best brake for your zip line, the zipSTOP IR is best suited to rider arrival speeds between 24-60 kph (15-37 mph).
The best brake for your zip line, zipSTOP Zip Line Brake uses self-regulating eddy current magnetic braking technology to brake zip line riders smoothly, comfortably, and consistently, even at high speeds.
The zipSTOP IR is best suited for rider arrival speeds between 24-60 kph (15-37 mph).
What Makes the IR Different From the Standard:
The IR stands for internal reduction. This device cannot be used with an external reduction line setup. It is already engineered as a mechanical 2:1. The benefits of the IR include simpler installation, no external reduction lines (although you will still need a redirection line), and the capacity to handle a wider range of rider arrival speeds.
The assembly includes:
- zipSTOP Zip Line Brake device
- Brake trolley
- Mounting bracket
Key zipSTOP IR Benefits:
- Eddy current braking technology adjusts automatically to ensure a smooth rider deceleration.
- Allows for a wide variety of rider weights and speeds.
- Automatically resets after each rider, minimizing human error.
- Helps mitigate risk by removing human error from the rider or guides.
- Low cost of ownership, including an annual recertification at $399 and replacement of sacrificial wear parts.
- Able to withstand outdoor environments and work consistently in any conditions.
- Rated Working Capacity: 15 to 150 kg (33 to 330 lbs)
- Device Weight: 23.5 kg (52 lbs)
- Model Number: ZSIR150-20A
- Rated Working Velocity: 6 to 60 kph (4 to 37 mph) utilizing a direct 1:1 load*
*This device cannot be used with external reduction lines.
WARNING: Additional Hardware is required: multiple pulleys, screw
links, cable, eyebolts, 8mm cordage depending on configuration. PLUS:
lots of math work for speeds and distances in the design configuration.
- • Type: Nylon/Dyneema Webbing
- • Width: 20.8 mm (0.8 in)
- • Thickness: 1.5 mm (0.06 in)
- • Breaking load (new): 22 kN (4946 lbf)
DESIGNED for 1/2" cable - other sizes are available.
zipSTOP Zip Line Brake Made in USA