For over 40 years, the professionals at Petzl have led the industry in designing and manufacturing excellent climbing products used by climbers worldwide. With the latest belay device from Petzl - the GriGri 2 Belay Device With Petzl Carabiner - compactness, safety and unparalleled smoothness are combined in a single belay product superior to virtually all others available today. Designed for use with dynamic single ropes ranging from 8.9 to 11mm in thickness (and optimized for ropes ranging from 9.4 to 10.3 mm in thickness), the Petzl GriGri 2 comes packed with a host design features that make belaying better than ever. Among these features is an assisted braking system designed to facilitate a wide range of belay maneuvers and emergency situations. The GriGri 2 also features a patented handle design for unparalleled smoothness on descents. Plus, its carabiner is designed with Petzl's patented Spirit Screw Lock system for added safety. Durable, portable and high-performing, the GriGri 2 Belay Device With Petzl Carabiner is a belay solution you'll love to use and have with you for years to come. Order yours in a stylish Turquoise here OmniProGear and save on all of the latest gear with us today!
Features and Usage Information
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by gripping the brake side of the rope with your hand.
- Assisted braking: During fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GriGri 2'sdesign allows for excellent descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. Combined with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GriGri 2 is compact and very light at 170 g
- Built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Weight: 170 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
The Spirit Screw Lock
The Spirit Screw Lock is based on the Spirit carabiner and uses a manual screw-lock locking system. This carabiner is designed for specific applications, for example for use at belay stations. It is very compact, and has an H cross-section to reduce weight, as well as the Keylock system to avoid snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers. It's built-in visual indicator makes it easy to check that carabiner is locked.
Optimized for lightness and durability, the Spirit Screw Lock features:
- A very compact shape ideal for belay stations
- A wider contact section for an improved strength/weight ratio
Easy to use, for efficient handling:
- Visual indicator facilitates checking that the carabiner is locked
- Keylock system helps prevent snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers
- Carabiner designed for better rope glide and to ensure good positioning of the belay device
- Shape adapted for easy use tying or untying of a clove hitch
Spirit Screw-Lock Specifications
- Materials: Aluminum
- Certifications: CE EN 362, CE EC 12275 Type H, UIAA 121
- Weight: 45g
- Locking System: SCREW-LOCK
- Minor axis strength: 23kN
- Major axis strength: 8kN
- Open gate strength: 9kN
- Gate opening: 18mm
- Made in France
- Height: 3.875",
- Width: 2.25",
- Gate Opening: 0.75"