Take the most widely used and trusted auto belay in the world, add an extra dose of speed, and you get the TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay.
It offers the same reliability and quality reputation as the TRUBLUE Auto Belay but is made specifically for speed climbing competitions and training. Retraction speed is fast enough to outrun even the world’s elite speed climbers, and our magnetic braking provides the familiar, gentle descent that TRUBLUE is famous for.
Same Magnetic Braking
It's the same patented magnetic eddy current braking that climbers have come to love because of the gentle descent.
Same Reliability & Low Maintenance
Eddy current magnetic braking is friction free and has no sacrificial wear parts in the braking system, so our devices are extremely reliable and low maintenance.
The TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay retracts at 2.7 seconds for a 10m wall and 3.5 seconds for a 15m wall, which will outpace IFSC standards and is fast enough for current and future world records.
Widest Range of Rider Weights
The TRUBLUE auto belays accommodate the widest weight range of any device on the market, from 10 to 150 kg (22–330 lbs).
Per IFSC standards, the TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay exerts minimum force on a climber, so the results are all yours.
- Dimensions: 37 x 33 x 23 cm (15 x 13 x 9 in)
- Device Weight: 18.5 kg (40.8 lbs)
- Rated Working Capacity: 10 to 150 kg (22 to 330 lbs)
- Maximum Descent Speed: 2 m/s
- Retraction Time (15m): 3.5 sec
- American National Standard ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2007 "Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components"
- Canadian Standard, CSA Z259.2.3-99 "Descent Control Devices"
- Australian and New Zealand Standard, AS/NZS 1891.3 1997 "Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices – Part 3: Fall arrest devices"
- European Union Directive BS EN 341 "Personal protection equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices"