Self-braking descender for rescue, with anti-panic function
I’D L self-braking descender is primarily designed for technical
rescue. It has a multi-function handle that allows control of the
descent speed, positioning at a work station without the need to tie off
the device, and fluid movement along inclined or horizontal terrain.
The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk
of an accident due to user error. Its rugged construction makes it
particularly suited for hauling and lowering heavy loads.
- Designed for rescue: no gate.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
- position himself without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope.
- Pivoting cam
facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a
reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a
FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Lowers heavy loads up to 272 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: red and black
Min. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
Max. rope diameter: 13 mm
Weight: 530 g
341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 General Use,