The Petzl DUO S is an ultra-powerful headlamp with a maximum output of 1100 lumens. This product runs on a rechargeable battery, which means you won't have to carry around extra replacement batteries while also helping to cut down on your landfill waste. The DUO S is waterproof and extremely durable, making it an ideal choice for rescue crews, urban teams and tree maintenance crews.
This headlamp includes Petzl's patented FACE2FACE technology, which conveniently senses if there is another DUO headlamp within 8 meters and will automatically dim if the two headlamps are pointed at each other, making this an ideal choice for those working as part of a team. The ergonomic rotation knob offers simple and easy manipulation of the light direction, even while wearing gloves.
The DUO S is compatible with the BOREO CAVING helmet should your adventures take you underground or into an area that requires head protection. Six different lighting modes ensure you'll have the beam you need for any task. Modes include ambient, proximity, movement, rapid movement, distance vision and BOOST.
Petzl DUO S Waterproof Rechargeable HeadlampDUO headlamps are designed for use in demanding environments, such as ATEX zone 1/21 or zone 2/22 hazardous areas. Featuring the FACE2FACE function, they enable users to face each other without blinding one another. Rugged, powerful and mountable on a helmet, they are designed for intensive use in industry, maintenance and inspection.
ATEX certified lamps for use in hazardous areas
Designed to withstand the harshest environments, DUO headlamps can be used in hazardous areas. Depending on the model, they are certified ATEX zone 1/21 or zone 2/22 (except DUO S).
Guaranteed lighting over time CONSTANT LIGHTING technology allows lighting to remain stable as the batteries drain. When the batteries are almost drained, the headlamp switches automatically to reserve mode, with weaker output that prolongs lighting time.
Safety and comfort when working in a group The FACE2FACE function allows users to be face-to-face without blinding one another. Once activated, it triggers a sensor that detects other DUO headlamps within 8 meters and automatically dims the lighting if they come face-to-face. The light returns to its original intensity once the other headlamp is no longer in its line of sight.
Powerful multi-beam lamps DUO headlamps have a multi-beam with several lighting modes, to adapt to any situation: convenient lighting for proximity, movement and long-range vision. BOOST mode allows temporary access to maximum brightness.
Comfort, ergonomics and durability The headlamps are balanced, thanks to the remote battery pack worn on the back of the helmet. DUO headlamps adapt to fit on any helmet using the plates (included) or the PRO ADAPT (accessory). They are rugged and perfectly suited for work in severe industrial environments, under difficult conditions (rain, snow, mud, ice...).
Runs on rechargeable battery for long burn time
- Five modes, plus BOOST, to adapt lighting to any work situation:
- close-range lighting: low-intensity flood beam maximizes burn time
- proximity lighting: mixed beam with brightness suited for comfortable proximity vision
- lighting for movement: mixed beam offers a focused component for easily moving around
- lighting for rapid movement: more powerful mixed beam for anticipating the terrain
- distance vision: highly focused beam for seeing at a distance
- BOOST mode provides temporary access to maximum power of 1100 lumens
- CONSTANT LIGHTING technology: stable lighting over time, ideal for long work periods
- Rechargeable battery:
- Lithium-Ion battery, 3200 mAh, 7.4 V, 23.68 Wh
- rechargeable in 4 hours with quick 110/240 V wall charger (included)
- energy gauge
- removable and replaceable (available as accessory)
- Safety and comfort when working in a group, thanks to the FACE2FACE anti-glare function: automatically dims the light when two or more beams cross, enabling those using DUO headlamps to face each other without blinding one another
- Reliability and ergonomics:
- balanced, thanks to the remote battery pack worn on the back of the head
- easy-to-use button, even with gloves
- automatically switches to reserve mode when battery is almost drained
- electronic locking to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage
- IP 67 (waterproof to -1 meter for 30 minutes in fresh water)
- excellent resistance to falls, to impacts and to crushing
- Light output: 1100 lumens
- Weight: 370 g
- Technology: CONSTANT LIGHTING
- Beam pattern: flood, mixed or focused
- Energy: Lithium-Ion ACCU 2 battery (included)
- Recharge time: 4 h
- Watertightness: IP 67
- Headlamp comes with: - two plates for mounting on VERTEX and Strato helmets - 110/240 V charger
Petzl 2018 Duo S Headlamp by OmniProGear