This helivac lanyard was developed in partnership with the Peloton de Gendarmerie de Haute Montagne de Chamonix Mont-Blanc and requires that each person using the lanyard is trained by a certified trainer. The lanyard is specifically designed for helivac at altitude and allows the drop-off/recovery phases to be secured - should the helicopter need to immediately leave its stationary position, the lanyard's adjustable arm instantly ejects, freeing the victim, rescuer and the helicopter. Its color-coded attachment elements are easy to identify and make for easy manipulation. The metal frame features a large upper hole to quickly attach the helicopter winch. The double lower end allows the rescuer to connect with the victim and a carabiner is fixed to the frame to attach a litter. Length modification of the adjustable arm is quick and precise thanks to the ergonomic shape of the ADJUST rope clamp. The Lezard lanyard does not have an energy absorber and should only be used in instances when the fall factor is less than one.
- Designed for high altitude helivac:
- On the metal frame, a large upper hole for rapid attachment of the helicopter winch
- adjustable arm allowing its length to be adjusted for connecting to the belay station
- double lower end allowing the rescuer and victim to be connected
- carabiner fixed to the metal frame to attach a litter
- It allows the
drop-off/recovery phases to be secured: if the helicopter needs to
suddenly leave its stationary position, the adjustable arm instantly
ejects to free the victim, rescuer and the helicopter
- Easy manipulation:
- instant identification of the attachment elements thanks to their color coding
- Very quick and precise length adjustment of the adjustable arm thanks to the ergonomic shape of the ADJUST rope clamp
- facilitated clipping due to connectors held in correct position
- Dynamic rope lanyard to limit the impact transmitted to the user in case of a short fall (1)
- Lanyard developed in partnership with the Peloton de Gendarmerie de Haute Montagne de Chamonix Mont-Blanc (France)
Because of the specificity of the LEZARD helivac lanyard, training on
how to use the product is obligatory, through Petzl or a certified body.
The LEZARD helivac lanyard does not have an energy absorber. It should
thus only be used if the fall factor is less than 1 (used below the
The LEZARD was developed by Petzl and based on a patent filed by Jean-Louis Rocourt.
Weight: 880 g
Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, nylon, elastomer