CAMP Giant Descender in Black
The Giant Descender by CAMP is an auto-braking descender for rope access, rescue workers, stuntmen and more.
These descenders have a patented internal mechanism that combines ergonomics with hot-forged construction to yield precise control with loads up to 210 kilograms in two-person rescue scenarios. It's important to save as much weight as possible, which is why you choose items that can pull double duty. This descender can also function as a fall arrest device, belay device for climbing and as an ascender.
If excessive pressure is applied to the actuating lever, an anti-panic system will cause the rope to lock and the fall to stop. If the user is carrying little to no load, the Giant has a button which is used to hold the cam open so that rope can slide out easily. As an added anti-drop feature, the Giant can be opened for insertion or removal of rope without removing the carabiner.
- EN 12841 as Rope Access Device for Semi-Static Ropes 10-11.5mm
- Type C: Descender of Working Line for Loads Up to 210kg
- Type B: Ascender of Working Line for Loads Up to 210kg
- Type A: Fall Arrester for Safety Line for Loads Up to 210kg
- EN 341/2A as Rescue and Evacuation Descender for 10.5mm Semi-Static Rope (Iridium 10.5mm) for Loads Up to 200kg
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4 as a Rescue and Evacuation Descender for 11mm Semi-Static Rope (Iridium 11mm)
- EN 15151-1 for Climbing Structures Using Mountaineering Techniques with Dynamic Ropes 9.9-11mm