Wild Country Revo The only automatically locking belay device which: Has a completely panic-proof locking mechanism. The REVO has no method of over-riding the locking mechanism, during belaying, or when lowering a climber. Is bi-directional, the locking function works regardless of the rope direction. Has an intuitive belaying method, which requires no changes to standard belaying technique. Has no need for a specific locking karabiner. All of these USP's contribute to make the REVO the safest belay device available.
Brake Assist Operates In Both Directions
- Feeds rope faster than any other device
- Resets to lower with just a tug of the rope tail
- Doesn't engage till 4 ft per second of fall - allowing for fast movement
- An uncontrolled descent automatically activates the inertia reel to grip the rope and arrest the fall Innovative
- panic-proof locking mechanism removes the need for a handle to unlock the system when lowering the climber
- Bidirectional locking function works regardless of the rope orientation
- Revo is intuitive to use like a traditional belay plate and is well-suited for both novice and expert belayers
This feature eliminates one of the most common causes of belay related accidents; when a belayer loads the rope into the device in the wrong direction. The rope can be loaded into the REVO in either direction and in the event of an uncontrolled fall or descent the inertia reel mechanism activates, gripping the rope and arresting the fall.
Panic Proof Locking Mechanism
Handle the rope, not the device! The innovative panic proof locking mechanism (pat. pending) removes the necessity for a lever to release the rope when lowering the climber. This means that the REVO's mechanism cannot be accidentally overridden and held open. The device is intuitive to use like a traditional belay plate making it suitable for both the novice and expert climber alike.
The design of the REVO allows the climber to be lowered smoothly and consistently. You control the rope in the same way as instructed with a belay plate and with the protection of a backup locking mechanism.
Specifications: Weight: 245 grams
Rope: EN 892: 1992 Type A 8.5 to 11mm
Certification: EN 15151-1
Wild Country Revo at OmniProGear.com