If you are looking for a high-performing belay device to add your climbing setup, the 2017 Petzl GriGri+ Belay Device With Anti-Panic is the product for you. Designed and manufactured by the industry-leading engineers at Petzl, this belay device comes with a built-in anti-panic handle that immediately brakes when users pull too hard. This makes the GriGri+ an excellent choice for those who are just starting to climb and still learning the ropes. However, this top-of-line belay device isn't just for beginners. Optimized for ropes with diameters from 8.9 to 10.5 mm, the GriGri+ can be used with all single ropes. Its reduction handle offers excellent descent control, while its stainless steel wear plate provides it with unparalleled durability, making it great for intensive use. The GriGri+ also features a patented switch that allows the user to change the GriGri+ setup to alternate between lead climbing and top roping. This function is executed with a knob on the reverse side of the device loosens/tightens a spring to make it easier/harder to pay out rope. Those looking for the ultimate in climbing safety will be pleased to know that the GriGri+ also features the patented Spirit Screw Lock carabiner locking system for unparalleled carabiner closure where it counts. You can learn more about the many features of the 2017 GriGri+ Belay Device With Anti-Panic, as well as the Spirit Screw Lock, below - and you can order yours in grey right here on this page!
Belay device with assisted braking and anti-panic handle, for all single rope diameters
+ is an assisted braking device designed for all climbers and for
intensive use. It can be used with all single ropes (optimized for 8.9
to 10.5 mm diameter ropes). The reduction handle offers exceptional
descent control. Particularly suitable for learning, the GRIGRI + has an
anti-panic handle and a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay.
Item Description and Features
- The GRIGRI+ Belay Device With Anti-Panic is designed for indoors and outdoors, for climbers of all ages.
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Can be used with all single ropes, and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Great durability, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Exceptional comfort during the descent, thanks to the very controlled progression of the rope feed
- Especially suitable for learning.
- Anti-panic handle: If the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent
- Special mode facilitates taking slack and provides a comfortable top-rope belay
- Specifications Weight: 200 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
Weight: 200 g
Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced
Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
The Spirit Screw Lock
The Spirit Screw Lock is based on the Spirit carabiner and uses a manual screw-lock locking system. This carabiner is designed for specific applications, for example for use at belay stations. It is very compact, and has an H cross-section to reduce weight, as well as the Keylock system to avoid snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers. It's built-in visual indicator makes it easy to check that carabiner is locked.
Optimized for lightness and durability, the Spirit Screw Lock features:
- A very compact shape ideal for belay stations
- A wider contact section for an improved strength/weight ratio
Easy to use, for efficient handling:
- Visual indicator facilitates checking that the carabiner is locked
- Keylock system helps prevent snagging of the carabiner during maneuvers
- Carabiner designed for better rope glide and to ensure good positioning of the belay device
- Shape adapted for easy use tying or untying of a clove hitch
Spirit Screw-Lock Specifications
- Materials: Aluminum
- Certifications: CE EN 362, CE EC 12275 Type H, UIAA 121
- Weight: 45g
- Locking System: SCREW-LOCK
- Minor axis strength: 23kN
- Major axis strength: 8kN
- Open gate strength: 9kN
- Gate opening: 18mm
- Made in France
- Height: 3.875",
- Width: 2.25",
- Gate Opening: 0.75"