The new Petzl Violet GriGri + Belay Device With Anti-Panic 2017 from OmniProGear is an assisted-braking device designed for climbing and intensive use. It's ideal for all single ropes and optimized for ropes that are 8.9 to 10.5 mm in diameter. The anti-panic handle on the GriGri Plus brakes and stops the descent automatically if the user pulls to hard, making this device perfect for learning the ropes. The GriGri + also has a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay. The stainless steel wear plate on the GriGri + makes this product very durable.
Extremely durable, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate.
Anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent automatically.
A patented switch which allows the user to change the Grigri set up to
alternate between lead climbing and top roping (a knob on the reverse of
the device loosens / tightens a spring to make it easier / harden to
pay out rope).
Belay device with assisted braking and anti-panic handle, for all single rope diameters
+ is an assisted braking device designed for all climbers and for
intensive use. It can be used with all single ropes (optimized for 8.9
to 10.5 mm diameter ropes). The reduction handle offers exceptional
descent control. Particularly suitable for learning, the GRIGRI + has an
anti-panic handle and a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay.
- Belay device with assisted braking for indoors and outdoors, designed for all climbers:
hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on
the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of
- can be used with all single ropes, and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters
- diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- great durability, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Exceptional comfort during the descent, thanks to the very controlled progression of the rope feed
- Specially suitable for learning:
- anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent
- special mode facilitates taking slack and provides a comfortable top-rope belay
Weight: 200 g
Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced
Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA