The Petzl DUO Z2 headlamp is waterproof and produces a powerful 430 lumens to light up even the darkest conditions. Approved for use in ATEX zone 2/22 hazardous areas, this headlamp is built with durability and reliability at the forefront. For those working as a part of a crew, the DUO Z2 also features FACE2FACE technology which will dim the light should the headlamp be pointed in the direction of another DUO headlamp within 8 meters.
The DUO Z2 is compatible with a variety of helmets to provide you with both light assistance and impact protection, which is especially useful for those in rescue, maintenance or inspection roles. CONSTANT LIGHTING technology means the beam of your headlamp will remain strong even as the battery drains; once the battery has been drained of almost all power, the headlamp will automatically switch to reserve mode in order to elongate operation time.
These headlamps also have multi-beam technology to provide you with light options for proximity, movement and long-rage situations. BOOST mode will give you temporary access to maximum brightness when you need a quick look at your surroundings. Thanks to the battery pack location at the rear of the headband, the DUO Z2 is well-balanced and comfortable for long periods of time. Included plates or PRO ADAPT mounting plates allow this headlamp to be used on nearly any helmet, so there's no need to stray from your tried-and-true head protection.
Petzl DUO Z2 Waterproof Headlamp
DUO Z2 headlamps are designed for use in demanding environments, such as ATEX zone 2/22 hazardous areas. Featuring the FACE2FACE function, they enable users to face each other without blinding one another. Rugged, powerful and mountable on a helmet, they are designed for intensive use in industry, maintenance and inspection.
ATEX certified lamps for use in hazardous areas
to withstand the harshest environments, DUO Z2 headlamps can be used in
hazardous areas. They are certified ATEX H
azardous Zone 2/22.
Guaranteed lighting over time
LIGHTING technology allows lighting to remain stable as the batteries
drain. When the batteries are almost drained, the headlamp switches
automatically to reserve mode, with weaker output that prolongs lighting
Safety and comfort when working in a group
FACE2FACE function allows users to be face-to-face without blinding one
another. Once activated, it triggers a sensor that detects other DUO
headlamps within 8 meters and automatically dims the lighting if they
come face-to-face. The light returns to its original intensity once the
other headlamp is no longer in its line of sight.
Powerful multi-beam lamps
headlamps have a multi-beam with several lighting modes, to adapt to
any situation: convenient lighting for proximity, movement and
long-range vision. BOOST mode allows temporary access to maximum
Comfort, ergonomics and durability
headlamps are balanced, thanks to the remote battery pack worn on the
back of the helmet. DUO headlamps adapt to fit on any helmet using the
plates (included) or the PRO ADAPT (accessory). They are rugged and
perfectly suited for work in severe industrial environments, under
difficult conditions (rain, snow, mud, ice...).
Runs on standard batteries and is certified for use in ATEX zone 2/22 hazardous
- Four modes, plus BOOST, to adapt lighting to any work situation:
- close-range lighting: low-intensity flood beam maximizes burn time
- proximity lighting: mixed beam with brightness suited for comfortable proximity vision
- lighting for movement: mixed beam offers a focused component for easily moving around
- distance vision: highly focused beam for seeing at a distance
- BOOST mode provides temporary access to maximum power of 430 lumens
- ATEX zone 2/22 (II 3 GD Ex ic IIB T4 Gc IIIB T135° C Dc) certified headlamp for use in explosive environments
- Safety and comfort when
traveling in a group, thanks to the FACE2FACE anti-glare function:
automatically dims the light when two or more beams cross, enabling
those using DUO headlamps to face each other without blinding one
- CONSTANT LIGHTING technology: stable lighting over time, ideal for long work periods
- Reliability and ergonomics:
- balanced, thanks to the remote battery pack worn on the back of the head
- easy-to-use button, even with gloves
- electronic locking to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage
- automatically switches to reserve mode when batteries are nearly spent
- IP 67 (waterproof to -1 meter for 30 minutes in fresh water)
- excellent resistance to falls, to impacts and to crushing
Light output: 430 lumens
Weight (with batteries): 360 g
Technology: CONSTANT LIGHTING
Beam pattern: flood, mixed or focused
Energy: 4 AA/LR06 batteries (included)
Four alkaline battery brands are compatible with ATEX use (refer to
Instructions for Use).
Other alkaline, rechargeable, Ni-MH and lithium batteries are only
compatible with non-ATEX use.
Watertightness: IP 67
Headlamp comes with two plates for mounting on VERTEX and ALVEO helmets
Certification(s) : CE, II 3 GD Ex ic IIB T4 Gc IIIB T135° C Dc room temperature : -20° C to +40° C
Petzl Duo Headlamps by OmniProGear