New for 2017 from OmniProGear, the Petzl Orange GriGri+ Belay Device With Anti-Panic 2017 brings assisted braking to all climbers. It's ideal for intensive use and for those who are learning.
Easy to see, this orange GriGri Plus has a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay and an anti-panic handle. When users pull too hard on the handle, it automatically brakes and stops their descent.
Optimized for ropes with diameters from 8.9 to 10.5 mm, this device can be used with all single ropes. Its reduction handle offers outstanding descent control. The stainless steel wear plate provides the GriGri+ exceptional durability.
Extremely durable, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate.
Anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent automatically.
A patented switch which allows the user to change the Grigri set up to
alternate between lead climbing and top roping (a knob on the reverse of
the device loosens / tightens a spring to make it easier / harden to
pay out rope).
Belay device with assisted braking and anti-panic handle, for all single rope diameters
+ is an assisted braking device designed for all climbers and for
intensive use. It can be used with all single ropes (optimized for 8.9
to 10.5 mm diameter ropes). The reduction handle offers exceptional
descent control. Particularly suitable for learning, the GRIGRI + has an
anti-panic handle and a special mode for comfortable top-rope belay.
- Belay device with assisted braking for indoors and outdoors, designed for all climbers:
hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on
the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of
- can be used with all single ropes, and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters
- diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- great durability, for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate
- Exceptional comfort during the descent, thanks to the very controlled progression of the rope feed
- Specially suitable for learning:
- anti-panic handle: if the user pulls too hard on the handle, the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent
- special mode facilitates taking slack and provides a comfortable top-rope belay
Weight: 200 g
Rope compatibility: single ropes (optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters)
side plates, stainless steel friction plate and wear plate, reinforced
Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA