Compact self-braking descender
For those experienced in performing rope-access work, the 2018 Petzl RIG descender is a must-have piece of equipment. Made with a stainless-steel wear plate, this descender has unparalleled durability thanks to its reinforced rope friction zone. The self-braking mechanism provides safety and security for crew members working at great heights, while the compact design ensures minimal added weight or bulk. The handle design places ergonomics at the forefront so that users don't experience hand fatigue, even after a long day on the job.
Petzl RIG is a compact self-braking descender designed for experienced rope access workers. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control. The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the harness, facilitating passage of intermediate anchors. The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone.
The Petzl RIG features the AUTO-LOCK system to allow operators to easily position themselves at any workstation along the rope without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device, making stopping to perform a task quick and simple. Once the RIG is locked, the rope can be taken up without manipulation of the handle. For passage of intermediate anchors, this descender has a safety gate feature to allow rope to be installed while the RIG remains connected to the harness.
As always, OmniProGear is your go-to site to find this and many other great products at unbeatable prices.
- Designed for experienced rope access workers
- Ease of use:
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables convenient control of the descent
- two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel
- AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device: as soon as the user releases the handle, the rope is automatically locked in the device The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- once blocked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, allowing for easy short ascents, for example (by adding a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
- cam can be manipulated for taking up slack easily or for belaying a lead using climbing techniques
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed while the device remains connected to the harness, facilitating the passage of intermediate anchors
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
- Lowering of heavy loads up to 200 kg (more information on this technique in the product's Instructions for Use and in the technical advice at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: yellow and black
- Weight: 400 g
- Maximum working load: 200 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical advice at www.petzl.com)
- Certifications: EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A when used with a PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope - EN 12841 type C when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope - EN 15151-1 when used with a 9 to 10.5 mm rope - NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope